What defines an emergency?
An emergency is a situation that immediately threatens life or property, that you are not equipped to deal with, and need immediate help with.
- If your building is on fire, call 911
- If you need assistance with a break in, fight in progress, broken windows etc. Call the Chico Police department. Emergency number is 911. For non emergencies, call 530-895-4911
- If you have a massive water leak, call California Water Service at 530-895-8486. Please note, Cal Water will ONLY turn off the water to your residence, they will NOT make any attempt at repairs. Use this service as needed, but attempt to isolate the problem if you can. For instance, turn off the valves under the affected sink or toilet. If you live in a multi family dwelling, and are calling out Cal Water, please notify your neighbors.
GAS or ELECTRIC
- If you have a strong smell of gas in your unit, or have a serious electrical problem (sparks are flying), contact Pacific Gas and Electric Company at 1-800-743-5000.
- If you need to have an illegal car towed, call Brown’s Towing at 530-345-6333 and tell them you need a “private property tow”. If your car has been towed, call the Chico Police Department at 530-894-4911 to find out who has it impounded.
AFTER You Have Taken the Above Steps
If you have an After Business Hours Maintenance EMERGENCY (ie. water/gas leak, fire, lack of heat, lock out) you may call (530) 899-2296 for assistance.
Lock out assistance will result in a $50.00 minimum charge to your account.
Please fill out an on-line Repair Request giving as much detail as possible. Please remember that our office operational hours are Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Response time to maintenance requests outside these times may be slower. Non emergency requests will be deferred to regular business hours. Emergencies will be responded to as soon as possible.